Friday, August 17, 2018

Dutch Creek Going Keto!

We've had an amazing summer so far at the Dutch Creek Cottage!  A trip to Florida, lot's of boat rides, playing in the pool.  But all that fun leads to a whole bunch of weight gain!  Seven pounds followed me home from Florida!

My daughter started the Keto diet and I was on weight watchers.  I always feel deprived on WW.  I love real cheese and real butter and WW just doesn't support that.  So I decided to give this Keto thing a try. So far I love it!

I started three weeks ago and lost 2.2 the first week and 1.8 the second.  I'm still pretty sure I could have done that with WW too if I stuck to it but I wouldn't be eating foods that I enjoy.   I'm not missing bread or pasta at all, not missing cake or ice cream or any of the heavy sugary foods, I'm not a pop/soda drinker.   The only thing I have to be careful is WINE, BEER and Cocktails!   Can't float in the pool without a cocktail...well I can but I do enjoy a good Gin and Tonic.   Wine night with my best friend is a challenge but we are both trying to lose weight so we keep each other in check.  It's always good to do it with a buddy!

I've got a work trip back to Florida in October and would like to lose a few more pounds by then.  So now it's time for exercise!

This is me after the last exercise video my daughter sent me.  It was a killer!

 
Not going to give up though!

No comments:

Post a Comment