Tuesday, September 25, 2018

Farewell Summer

I've always been a fall person.  I love the colors, the sweaters, the smells and the cooler weather.  Apple picking and pumpkins, decorating for fall was always fun. 

Until we moved to the lake.  Suddenly I've changed into a summer person and I dread the winter.  It has to do with the lake, with the summer boating and the pool.  Nothing beats jumping into the pool on a hot, sticky day or heading out to the lake and the big party on the sandbar. 



 
I am getting too old to wish my life away but I really hope winter moves quickly.  I plan to do a lot of projects in the house to make things more interesting.  I've got some rooms to paint and just bought a new sewing machine to make curtains and pillows. 
 
I plan to hit the gym to get my summer body ready.  I was supposed to be ready this year but THAT never happened!   There's always next year.  I'm not giving up!
 
I'll embrace fall and I'll try to tolerate winter.   Some friends are suggesting snow mobiles but I'm not so sure yet!  Lots of fun ahead.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment