Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Living Dangerously

The snow has hit us hard the past few months and when it's not snowing it's freezing cold temps.  All I want to do is grab a nice warm blanket, put on some thick socks, put on a fire and curl up on the sofa to binge watch Grace and Frankie! 

So when our friends who like to snow mobile asked us to come along for their annual "couples/family" trip my first inclination was NO.  I'm not an outdoors/fast speed thrill seeker.  My biggest thrills can be found at Home Goods! I'm not usually easily persuaded but this time I caved. 

Instead of hibernating until the temps break I'm going to the Upper Peninsula of Michigan where the temps are just as cold or colder than home and the snow is definitely deeper.  To make it more interesting we'll drive fast through the wind and snow.  I hear the scenery is fantastic but I doubt I'll be able to take pictures since I'll most likely be hanging on for dear life. 


Here is what I can expect.  This is a picture from their website. 

And this is what we are leaving. 



I suppose I'm not changing much of the scenery.  The only difference is this is the view from my back door from a warm house.  The other one will be out in the middle of nowhere in the cold. 

I hope I'll enjoy it and I think it will be a great way to say farewell to winter!

Stay warm my friends. 



2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Snow is not my favorite! I'm happy spring has arrived here, but we're not out of the woods yet. Snow can show up until May...although I hope not. Thanks for the comment on my site about the bathroom remodel. Sounds like we are in the same boat. I hope you'll share your after when you're done. It sounds dreamy!! :)

    ReplyDelete