Wednesday, January 2, 2019

Word for 2019 - Accomplish


Inspirational Word for 2019

Accomplish 

VERB - achieve or complete successfully. 

I’m a person who loves to start projects.  I come up with some great ideas and jump on it with the excitement of a child on Christmas morning.  I buy the paint and the paint brushes, the fabric and the patterns.  I envision how great the results will be.  Unfortunately I’m a stress worker.  I lose my motivation until it becomes a crisis.  Things like trying to lose weight a month before I leave for vacation or decorating, painting and minor remodels to my house before a family party.  It can be stressful and in the end it doesn’t make me feel like I’ve “accomplished” anything.  It’s almost as if I realize that I can accomplish it so it’s not worth finishing.  I celebrate the win before winning! 

This year I’ve decided that the word Accomplish will be my motivational word.  It’s going to do two things for me.  First it will make me think through the project from start to finish.  Second it will make me NOT start something I’m not willing to finish.   An example is if I buy that old dresser with the intent to paint it then I must hold myself to finishing the project or not buy the darn dresser.   I use this example because I have an OLD metal dresser from over a year ago waiting to be painted.  It’s getting painted this year.  

Diet and Exercise is a big one!  I started and stopped at least ten times in 2018.  In January of 2018 I planned to lose all of my weight by my next sales meeting which is a week and ½ away.  I even bought a goal dress.  Well that didn’t work.  So now I’ll set some small achievable goals and focus on my word.   

Finally this little blog needs more attention.  I think that before and after pics will help move me towards accomplishing a goal.  The best place to document is here and Instagram. 

Happy New Year!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment