Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Happy Thanksgiving.


Happy Thanksgiving wishes to all.  

We’ll be celebrating at my daughter’s house this year.  Her first year in and she’s cooking for 24 people!  I’ll be there to help of course.   Since we moved a good hour and some change away from most of our family it would be hard for everyone to get to my place in time for dinner.  Our little girl is the half way point.   We’re making two turkeys and a ham along with all the sides.  She got some big appetites coming. 

I’m so looking forward to decorating for Christmas in the new house this year.  I’ve been buying a few things here and there but have plenty of bins in the storage room in our basement to go through.  Since we were getting ready to list our house on Saylor last year I scaled down on Christmas.  I’m so excited this year because I’ve got TWO fireplaces to decorate!  I’ve never even had one in any of my past houses.  One of my FP’s has a mantle and the other doesn’t but has a very wide raised hearth so I’m going to have a ball with both.   This long weekend will be filled with decorating and hot chocolate and Christmas music.  Mr. Wonderful will be hanging lights outside and putting up his Hunter Snow Man (which I’m not crazy about so he’ll be tucked in a corner).  

I’m really loving the Scandinavian look this year and will be combining it with my traditional tartan Christmas décor.   I love the colors of Christmas!

I love “kilty” Santa ornaments and cannot believe that I went all the way to Scotland last month and didn’t think to buy one for the tree!!   Well, maybe next trip I’ll remember.  I wasn’t in the Christmas mood yet and my daughter didn’t want to traipse through all the gift shops.
I will end this post with some pictures from the old house since we don't have any winter pics from the new house yet. 
I always loved this tree and will miss decorating her for Christmas.  
In all her finery for Christmas.
 
Our Christmas tree in the old house.  It was cramped but cozy. 
Our new house has plenty of space and I won't have to move around the furniture!  
 
Oh the fun I'll be having this weekend! 

1 comment:

  1. I hope Christmas in your new home was lovely. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete