Thursday, April 19, 2018

Sunshine and Warm Days will come


It's been a very longer winter.  The longest I can remember even though I know that we have had snow as late as May in Chicagoland.  Heartbreak and sadness seems to linger through these dark, snowy winter days.  Probably because death came knocking in the latter part of winter this year.  Our hearts were broken by the loss of my brother.  A young 52 years old but succumbed to a massive stroke only 10 days before his 53rd birthday in January.   He was a wonderful brother, fun loving and caring Uncle and good friend to many.  Our family will miss him for the rest of our lives. 
 
R.I.P my handsome brother
 
Perhaps that is why Spring feels as if it's been delayed.  The weather is getting so many people down these days but I will say that the loss of my brother has taught me how precious life is.  We always say "they've gone to a better place" but do they?  I can't think of a better place than here in this world surrounded by family and good friends.  No matter where we go I know that while I'm right here in this world I'll enjoy every snowflake and cold wind that comes my way! 
April Snow on the back deck
 
The sun is shining today and the temps are supposed to rise.  So much to look forward to.   We're replacing our above ground pool, we're cleaning up the yard, soon we'll be bringing the boat out of storage, and no one knows it yet but I'm planning on getting a new puppy.  My son will graduate this May and might move home for a bit.  He took the long road to college but persevered!
Dutch Creek Cottage Blog will see a lot more action.  So much happens and I can't believe I don't put up a quick post now and then!
Today I tried to help save a Pelican!  Fly Pelican, Fly!  Someone posted on a FB page that there was a pelican flying around with fishing twine wrapped around it's beak. I thought I saw it this morning so I called a couple of wildlife centers but they couldn't help unless someone caught it.  #useless #lakelife
Tomorrow is Fish Night.  Every Friday we go out for fish to a little local dive of a bar but the walleye is fantastic.  Laughter fills the air.  Good Food, Good Friends, Good Fish!  Good Martinis!
We are blessed.
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment