Monday, December 30, 2019

Goodbye 2019



I didn’t blog much in 2019 but that doesn’t mean I didn’t have anything going on.  I just didn’t give myself enough time to post.  This post is more of a tool to mark time.  There are no pictures to post.  They’re all on my Instagram feed.  

I’m sad to admit that I’ve become an Instagram junkie and spend far too much time swiping through other people’s pages and pics.  I spend more time looking at posts of other people fixing up their homes and don’t spend enough time doing it myself.  I garner some great ideas but never seem to put them into action. 

I’ve decided to make my last post of 2019 a focus on everything positive.   

What am I thankful for from 2019?
  • We’ve had a great time with our friends throughout the year.   We spend almost every Friday with our friends and sometimes it continues on Saturday and Sunday!  If nothing else can be said for 2019 it was most definitely a year filled with laughter.  
  • We snowmobiled in the winter, went tubing and spent plenty of time on our boats.  We watched fireworks from the water, we kayaked and fished off of our dock.  It was magical. 
  • We still have good health.  As we round our way up the hill into the winter of our 50’s I can be thankful that we have no major health issues.  A kidney stone here, a couple polyps removed but we haven't been slaves to doctor appointments.  Maybe it’s because of all the laughter and good times? 
  • Our two children are healthy and employed and have partners who love them.    They have grasped the “adulting” lifestyle.  We have a great relationship, we all hang out together and truly enjoy one another's company. 
  • I took an awesome trip to Paris for work but also combined it with a vacation.  I went with my daughter and we had an amazing time.  We fell in love with Paris.   We walked everywhere and ate and drank French wine, had champagne on the grounds of the Eiffel tower, we watched it light up at night and we even attended a cocktail party in the Eiffel tower.   An unexpected vacation for which I will always be thankful. 
  • We installed a new pool and pool heater.   My children and their friends spent most of their summer weekends at our house.  We soaked in the pool, told fun stories, sang songs which also brought a lot of laughter and good times!
  • Remodeled our little powder room.  Maybe some of the IG time paid off.   Still some finishing touches to be done but I'm loving it and will post some fun pics in 2020.
  • I lost 20 lbs.   I will be continuing that trend in 2020 because I have a lot more than 20 lbs I need to lose.
  • My word for 2019 was Accomplish.  I would say 2019 was somewhat a success.  I accomplished what I wanted to do.  I had plenty on the list but I’m not considering them a failure if they didn’t get done.  The year passed anyway and even though some things on the list didn’t make it to the finish line time moved on, the laughter still flowed and I’m ready for 2020!

Adieu 2019!

No comments:

Post a Comment