Friday, January 3, 2020

2020 Word of the Year and steps to stay on track.

My word for 2020 is Winning. 

I chose this word not because I'm competing with anyone but instead I want to focus on a winning attitude.  Winning at life, victorious and successful. Winning the competition against myself.  I set the rules, I am my own judge! 

I start a lot of projects, I have great intentions and then I let other things get in the way.   Maybe it's a competition against procrastination? I tend to be very good at procrastinating.  2020 is not going to be a good year for procrastination. 

Each successful endeavor will be considered a win. 

Example: when I complete a project on my list.  It's a WIN! 
Did I drink 8 cups of water today?  WIN!

My plan for a winning attitude:

Focus on the positive with gratitude. 

  • I'm going to list three things each day I'm grateful for and list my top 3 each Friday. 
  • Adopting a No Complaining rule. 
  • Praise more 
  • Judge less


Focus on Health

  • Eating better - not a diet - just better choices
  • More exercise
  • More sleep - I'm a night owl but have to get up early for work. This will be a challenge. 

Focus on financials. 

  • Save more - spend less 
  • Stay home more than going out
Focus on my home.  
  • Finish the unfinished. 
  • Don't start a project unless I plan to do it through completion.  Plan the project from start to finish. 
Everyone likes to win at something.  It's fun to win.  I am looking forward to a winning 2020!




No comments:

Post a Comment